Sunday, October 29, 2006

Meet my new best friend!

In the last 2 weeks, I have had to prep over 300 cards. It's a ridiculously huge number. I have used all most every sheet of white and vanilla cardstock I own. The only thing keeping me from going insane this whole time is my new SU table top paper trimmer. I love it. Rumour has it that it is made by Tonic for SU.
There is a slight learning curve to the thing. The trick is to nicely slice with a downward motion, and not to push the arm down. You can, and this is my saving grace, cut 3 sheets of cardstock at one time. And it can cut the thinnest piece off the edge of your paper. Teeny tiny little strips that you can tie in knots, or line Easter baskets with.

I don't know where I will get the trimmer sharpened, nor do I care right now. I was going through more than a blade a month with my Fiskars trimmer, more than 2 sometimes. They really aren't meant for all that cutting. They don't stay sharp for long. So, I figured with the money I was spending on blades, I could afford to buy this baby. So far, it's more than paid for itself.
The one thing I dislike is that the measurements on the bottom edge are inches in tenths, not 8ths. Is that not weird? Took me days to realize this. And even then I had to get Kerry to come in and count the lines for me because of my head cold. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oohhhh I am liking the looks of those tiny little strips. I just bought a new rotary cutter from Costco, but will put this on the list when it wears out!