Monday, December 11, 2006

The day after Sunday

Monday again... I am finding that I am letting the little things get to me at my 'other' job. Why can't people read numbers? Why do they have to move the pegs instead of using their eyes to find where a product goes? Why is it so hard to do something right the first time?
Enough of that...

Back to my boots. Boot guilt didn't last long. Not after wearing those babies out to music class and having to walk in the snow to get around a car...no way I could have done that in my shoes. My feet were warm and dry. Boot guilt is now boot love! And a little boot envy from Emily. She put them on the other day and said they almost fit. No way I am sharing those things. Back off, get your own boots!

My fruit cake is delicious. It was so easy to make. I picked up some little foil loaf pans and tonnes of fruit for the cake. The first batch had chocolate, dried cherries and rum along with all the usual fruity things. Definately better with booze. I did the whole brushing with rum every day bit too. The second batch is chocolate and booze free for my dad, not as tasty. So today I put 2 more aside for him and drenched the rest in rum. I can't believe how easy fruit cake is to make. And Kerry doesn't like fruit cake but he loves this stuff. I could give that lady in town a run for her money. We paid $13 or 14 for a cake from her and it was good, but mine is just as good and probably cost just over $25 for 13 cakes. If you are worthy, I might share.

I put out a little challenge in my newsletter. Mostly a sad deperate cry for handmade Christmas cards. No one sends me any because apparently no cards are worthy of being sent to me. Whatever...
I have my first 2 handmade Christmas cards, Barb and Amanda are going in the draw. Both cards are beautiful and both were made with fancy techniques. Good for you two! That might set the standard for whatever I decide to send out! Not likely!

2 comments:

Info Goddess said...

Gee Kelli (batting of eyelashes) I would sure like to taste your fruitcake. And I was going to send you a card but I got hung up on the idea of it having to be all SU... (I know it didn't HAVE to be!) and now my cards are all gone. oops...

Tara said...

Gee Kelli (insert batting of eyelashes here!!! Better batting than Fern!!!)... I would REALLY like to tasted your fruitcake. AND I am sending you a card too!!