Saturday, August 18, 2007

Close Call

I never thought I would say "thank goodness for Linus's bottomless pit of a stomach", but today, I was thankful.
This pup will eat any thing he can, the cherries, the plums, the garbage(if only he could open the cupboard doors), Sally's food, my arm, you get the idea. So when I called him back in this morning and couldn't see him in the back yard, I didn't really think anything of it. The yard is fully fenced, no way he could get out. But then I saw the open gate(darn lawnmower man). And before panic could set in, I saw a big red dog sitting so nicely just outside the gate, right beside my grape tomato plant, gently picking every tomato off the plant.
If it weren't for his appetite, I think he would have taken off. Silly dog!

2 comments:

Monica said...

LOL! You had those tomatoes in just the right spot, didn't you! My golden is also a grape tomato lover, ever since she discovered them in my garden when she was 1. Now every summer I'm on tomato patrol every time I let her out because she'll try to sneak one whenever she thinks I'm not looking. Cute story...and I'm so glad Linus is safe!

Anonymous said...

momentary panic...


but LOL... did you take pictures???