Wednesday, August 15, 2007

more stuff


To hang on my scrap room door, even though it's always open.
I am loving my Bind-It-All. I used mat board for the covers, 7 coasters and 2 acetate sheets for the pages, everything else is Stampin' Up. This will be a class.


In other news...
Shaun was forced to take his driver's test yesterday, he had convinced himself that he wasn't ready and his instructor felt that he was. So instead of cancelling and losing a decent amount of money, we made him take the test, if he failed he wouldn't be out as much money and it would be a learning experience. He passed.
His friend came over later and then the scariest thing that could possibly ever happen to parents of a teen happened. He asked if he could take the van to run his driving log to his instructor. My first instinct was to shout NO, but after being assured they would be extra careful, and he would shoulder check and that he knew where he was going, we let him go. I almost cried. Kerry stood in my scrap room and watched them back out of the driveway and drive down the street and declared that he was scared. They made it home in one piece.
Then we said "yes" to having his friend spend the night. Then we said "be quiet" at mid-night, and again at 3:30. Then the neighbour had some guy going Texas Chainsaw Massacre on their yard at 7 am.
The day has hardly stared and I am already planning my afternoon nap.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW! You've been busy! Great projects! happy birthday! congrats/condolensces on the driving teen!

hope to see you soon somewhere, sometime!

Dawn
p.s. this is the first time I've been able to post on anyone's blog for some reason for ages!

Heather said...

WOW! Busy girl! Keep it coming as some of us will not get to touch paper for several months now!

Way cool for Shaun! FREEDOM!
That's how I felt when I got my license. Good for him.

You'll get over it! Mostly when he has his own car.