Monday, September 03, 2007

Collaboration Purse

I'm not a purse girl. I don't think I had more than one at a time. I had one of those 'leather' slouchy bags in the 80s. I had a mini-backpack in the 90s and now I have a grubby looking canvas MEC tote, that is practical and I do like it. But it's not the right colour, it shows the dirt like crazy.
I have wanted a serious purse, but still a cute purse. Maybe one that makes a statement, or one that goes with an outfit or all outfits, whether I am dressed up or down. I really like the purses, and it's not 4 purses/totes that Tara has but I said I'm not paying that much for something my Mom can make.
So I take my Mom to the store in search of the perfect fabric, Amy Butler fabric to be precise and as soon as I saw it I knew it must be mine. But the price...ouch. I shelled it out anyway because I was stepping up in the world. After much measuring and explaining to Mom about what I wanted, Tara borrowed us her empty bag and Mom was very impressed. It took her most of today to make it and when we went for dinner, a delicious Seafood Chowder, she had my most beautifulist purse hanging on the railing for me.
I absolutively love it. It's me! It's mine and I 'made' it! Not really, but I dreamed it, and with lots of help it got made. It's Mom's prototype because I have told her she must sell them. The flap will be different, there are a few quirks she wants to work out but I think she could do it.
It is large, has pockets inside and hangs across the body. It will hold my camera, and Mom figures, get this, it will hold a 12x12 album.
Just incase you want it, she's not sharing the pattern. If you missed it above, she's planning on selling the finished bags.
She might even start making Hobo Spider bags, if she can figure out what they are.

3 comments:

Info Goddess said...

That is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

do you think your mom will make me one of those??? i will pay for shipping! i love that fabric!

Anonymous said...

oops! that was me, Edmonton Jenn on that last post! lol