Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today's Rant

Reason #137 why Shaun should get his own computer...

Okay, I've got some mojo and I'm brainstorming at an early time of day. I want to print some pictures of me and Mr. Linus for a layout/mini book on our/my obedience training. So I am in Adobe PS7 trying to find a nice grungy border for my picture that I have doctored a bit and BAM...a message pops up saying I have very little/no space left on my computer. This is the 3rd time getting this message in about a month's time. I have already defrag'd, un-installed and all the other things I can do to get more space. I have so little I couldn't even put the grungy thing on my photo!!!

So I check out my list of 'things' that are on the computer. This is a family computer, we use it to print and photoshop photos, contact people, waste time and play games. Ah...there's the thing...play games. I think PS7 is a big program, I don't really know if it is or not, I base my knowledge on the fact that I can't figure out how to use it without a manual therefore it must be a big program. But these "games", they are freakin' HUGE.

Here's my math lesson for today...
Halo...1445 MB
Ragnorok...3776 MB
The Sims...4104 MB
World of Warcraft...5348 MB
Adobe PS7...136 MB

Hellllloooo...136 MB compared to 14,673 MB of GAMES!!! I can't use a grungy border but some kid can battle against another kid in Turkey or where ever with imaginary creatures and not have any lag time? I don't get it. I just don't get it.

1 comment:

Info Goddess said...

Hey Kelli, Greg says RAM is really cheap right now. Come help us out at his auction sale next week and he'll give you some RAM...