Friday, October 12, 2007

Scenes from Disneyland


I have over 400 pictures from the week long trip, but I'll save you the pain of seeing all of them and I will only post the 'important' ones.

Emily sat with her face plastered to the window most of the way to Anaheim, I'm glad she doesn't share my fear of falling out of the sky. We were all drugged up, except Kerry but I don't think anyone slept on the way there, I think we all slept on the way home. Disney at Halloween! Every single thing was decorated for Halloween. The picture is kind of dark but you get the idea, this is the main gate.

This is us after the first ride, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Emily cried on the first 3 things we went on, this ride, Tarzan's Treehouse, and the Nightmare Before Christmas's Haunted Mansion, which became one of her favourite rides. That's me with my first Diet Coke. And I did hand off the camera to Kerry so that I would be in some of the pictures. Too bad he stinks at taking pictures.
I couldn't believe we had travelled many miles, spent almost as many dollars to go to DL and Kerry and the kids found video games in one of the attractions. It was very erie, the place was full of males with square eyes in front of glowing screens. We spent more than 20 minutes here. Boring.
No trip is complete with out the ears. Or a ride or 2 on Dumbo.




The teacups were another of Emily's favourite rides, good thing the line up went fast. Whenever we were in the area and had a spare minute, we were in those cups.Big Thunder Mountain was more the pace Shaun wanted to go. I got quite a few good pictures of the 2 of them.While travelling, one should always try to eat healthy and get their fruits and veggies in. Real men ride the carousel and smile while doing it.This is the "Stacy and Clinton would like this" outfit. Emily has become a fan of What Not to Wear and has been using her new found skills when purchasing clothing, which she did a lot of in California.


California Adventure was done up for Halloween also, with a Candy Corn theme. I want to see these places at Christmas now, if they go all out for Halloween, I can only imagine what they do for Christmas.This is Shaun's My Name is Earl pose. In the TV show, Earl can't get his picture taken without closing his eyes. The moustaches were a hit, found at the Art Supply Warehouse, but seen first on Cathy Z.'s blog.



Rides I didn't like: Jumpin' Jellyfish, even though some toddlers were sitting in the swing next to us, I had to slam my eyes shut for most of the time.


Soarin' Over California: Some people say this ride alone is worth the admission, I would be lying if I said that. It's great if you like heights. I could be heard saying throughout the ride "it's fake, I'm not really flying over California in a sky lift, it's all fake!"

And Star Tours, it's been decided that I don't like simulator rides, or rides that leave the ground and make you go up and down unexpectedly. Shaun almost had me in tears on Dumbo when he was in control of the up and down lever.

I love this picture.


We missed the fireworks due to wind and poor planning on our part, but we are very glad to have seen the parade. Emily started bawling part way through, and when I asked her why she didn't know, I asked if she was tired and overwhelmed and she said "Ya, that must be it". She was howling!Still smiling after a morning of shopping in Downtown Disney, still had money left too.The Blue Ribbon Bakery is a must to try. Kerry's pumpkin muffin, with 'edible' Mickey head. He bit it, started chewing and then said "is this edible? because I think it's plastic". "Edible" was stamped on the bottom, but it probably could have been saved and would have lasted for years.

So there you have it, just a handful of our pictures. I will be making a whole scrapbook devoted to our trip, of course. I just have to get some rest, I have a cold now. I will have to start writing things down so I don't forget what we did, I'm very glad I made Emily a book to journal in, in which she kept track of all the rides and the number of times we went on them. And Shaun was seen writing in his notebook, whether it was letters to Jenn or notes on the trip, we have yet to find out.

Did I mention that Disneyland is known to be the Happiest Place on Earth, but it may very well be the cleanest place on earth too? No bugs, no bird poop, no garbage, no scuzzy people, no peeling paint, no spider webs, things sparkled, smelled good, and the attention to detail blew me away. ( I overheard a lady say she would eat off the bathroom floors because they are cleaned so thoroughly, I wouldn't but she would and probably was right.) And on the way to the park one morning, we saw a man with a cart and bottles of spray cleaning the power boxes and lamp posts on the way to the park, not even in the park, I can honestly say I have never seen that in Kelowna. The "crew" (employees) were amazing, they are really actors in my mind, from the hilarious 'tour guide guy' on the Jungle Boat ride, to the people running past Shaun and wishing him a happy birthday, to the characters, they were all smiles and playing their parts so well. Details, man, it's all in the DETAILS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some good pics! And, what do you mean you didn't have any fruits and veggies??? You had that wonderful apple (& pickles!). Can't wait to see the rest!

Kelli said...

Well, I guess you can count the 3 or so Vlasic pickles I got to eat, Emily ate the rest of the jar. I really think the inch of caramel and 1 lb. of m&m's on the apple nixed any of the apple's healthy effects.