Friday, November 09, 2007

I {heart} Fridays!

Today is Friday.

One week and 2 days until the Benvoulin Heritage Church Craft sale. I'm not really bragging when I say it's the best sale in town and you shouldn't miss it. I've hand picked the crafters and I think I'm pretty picky. The 'girls' I have picked are extremely talented and always out do themselves every year. Seriously, don't miss it. I cringe when a week later someone asks me when the sale is and I tell them they missed it and they cry. Don't be that person.

The Health Unit Nurse called to check up on Emily and her mysterious immunization reaction. During our conversation, I mentioned the ill feeling I get with eggs and asked if it's possible E. is allergic to eggs and that's why she reacted. It's not but then we got to the flu shot and my working at Cottonwoods with WW. And yes, I should be immunized and that I'm a 'care giver' and it's free so I should stop by the clinic across from Zellers. Yay, I have to work today and will be right there. Boo, it's a needle. I told the woman that I must be allergic to the shot because I was getting an ill feeling just thinking about it. Well, I went, I did it, I had to sit off to the side like a bad girl for 10 minutes to see if my tongue started to itch and swell. I know I was fidgetting and I know I was starting to freak out, not because I was having a reaction but because I was thinking I might have one. And that lead to a nurse speeding over to me and asking in a very concerned voice if I was alright because I didn't look alright, which freaked me out more. What do you mean I don't look alright? I had on make-up, hair was done, I had on my new outfit and thought I looked pretty good when I left the house. She offered me cookies and juice which I turned down, I think it was a peace offering for saying I didn't look good, at least that's what I think she mumbled after I pummelled her.

Then I went to WW. I like Fridays at WW.

And if we didn't think it was 'the season' yet, with the craft sale and everything, we know it is today. Kerry called from work...
Kerry: It's Stieneke Sausage time.
Me: How much and how many?
Kerry: $5 a pound for pepperoni, $5 a coil for ham sausage.
Me: How much did we get last year?
Kerry: Can't remember. How many can we get for $200?
Me: What? You have $200 to spend on sausage.
Kerry: Ah, maybe?
Me: 5 peps, and hmmm...make it even 9 sausage.
Kerry: That's even?
Me: Yes, 5+9=14, that's an even number.
Kerry: Oh.

I didn't say it was a funny story. I just said that it's a sign that Christmas is coming. Craft sale, sausage, shopping.

Speaking of shopping, anyone have any charity shopping night at the mall tickets?


I like this picture...You can see Shaun and Emily just getting sprayed by the juicy watermelon and Kerry is waving and waving (I have 4 shots of him waving like that as the 'train' moves), he has no idea he's about to get it.

I miss Disneyland. I told Kerry I would give up all my Christmas gifts(yes, I've been good and am planning on getting some) to get the hardwood flooring installed, but he said not likely to happen until at least January. But I would also give up my gifts and Christmas dinner to got back to Disneyland. There's no laundry to do, floors to sweep, dogs to train, lunches to be made in Disneyland. Oh, it's warmer there too.

No comments: