Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Smarter than a 6th grader!

You know your kid is smart when...
Emily was telling us of the new seating plan at school, she is now beside a boy that she has always considered a pest for numerous reasons.
Me: So 'bob' is like the BANE of your existence? (thinking I'm pretty smart, using a 'big' word to talk to an 11 yr. old.)
Em: Yes, that he is.
Me: Do you even know what that means? (because I have an idea but...)
Em: It means he's the thing that bothers me the most.
Me: Uh, ya.


My lack of a brain is the bane of my existence...


But at least I had some mojo and got and am still getting lots done. It's pretty sad when you get a box of scrapbooking products delivered to your door and you find them too pretty to use. It's also sad when you look in your almost empty pizza box and see just bits and pieces of pretty paper in it. Sure, I have a few great layouts, a mini book and a tin full of cards...but I like my whole sheets of un-cut papers and never been opened embellishments, what girl doesn't?
Here's what I did with the November Kit from Pick of the Patch...It's mostly Making Memories Noteworthy stuff. Check out the gallery at PotP, there's some amazing stuff there. Lot's of talent!













I'm making crock pot soup and biscotti, not to be eaten together. I don't mean you can't, I just don't have that planned. I'll make biscuits to be eaten with the soup and coffee to be had with the biscotti.

The craft sale prep is coming along. Kerry said he'd take some time off in the days after the sale, because I'm a pro now and don't need much help in the days before. He's even offered to help do pay-out! He's math skills are better than mine, even though I loved math in school. Sniffing Jiffy markers killed those brain cells. He also said he could just be 'dog-sitter' while I get the stuff looked after. Which brings me to another thing...
WHY didn't anyone tell me that no two puppies are the same? We realize now that Sally was an exceptionally well behaved pup, she never ate anything, didn't chew on things, but she was and still is excitable. NOTHING is safe from the teeth of Linus. Nothing...not feet, legs, hands, love handles, boobs, pillows, buttons, table legs, metal or otherwise, stuffed animals, erasers, curtains,...He's not left alone, I am watching him, but he's sneaky. He can be the SWEETEST sleeping dog and then next thing you know he's trying to rip the nose off Emily's Build-A-Bear Cheetah. And I have no idea where he got the piece of gum he had last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!! How freakin' cool is that stuff you made! You seriously rocked the MM Noteworthy! Seriously! Can you scrap some of my pictures? Pretty please!?!? Or can I just rub up against you to get some mojo by osmosis??? OK, maybe not, but can I have some? Seriously.

Cheryl said...

1. You have a smart kid.

2. I am with Tara - you rocked it!!! My fave is the layout with the brackety paper!

3. I love biscotti.

4. I'm totally excited for your craft show, except I just found out I have to bring my stinky kids because my husband has to work, but don't worry I won't let them out of the car.

5. Your dog situation kind of sounds like our kid situation. Jacob was such a good little baby. ;)

Info Goddess said...

Awesome layouts Kelli, I'm getting in line to have you scrap my stuff. I loved the 'root of the problem' one mostly cause the picture was sooo hilarious!

I'm coming to the craft show & will leave the dog in the car. Lucky me, she chews my sleeve (trying to tell me something but not sure what)& her leash but nothing else - so far anyway...

Dawn said...

everything you made is soooo beautiful!

and that dog picture is hilarious!!