Friday, December 07, 2007

Been thinking...Updated

I know, it's a major thing, I am getting enough oxygen to my brain to actually use it today. Not much but more than I have in the past two week.

I'm still sick, but here's what I'm thinking about...One of the Simple Girls, I think it was Stacy Julian, made an album from pictures she had taken on the 12th day of every month, 12 pictures on that day. I am still sick so maybe that's what it was, maybe it wasn't. Anyway, why not do something like this? Everyone knows I like to take pictures. Everyone is sick of me taking their pictures, so why not find other things to take pictures of on a regular basis and then make a point of scrapping them. Anyone else up for a challenge like this?

I'm thinking it doesn't have to be 12 items on the 12th, it could be 6 or 21 pictures of blue things, or baked things, or things found in your van or purse, whatever turns you on, and then scrap them. And then tell us about it.



I did make a few cards today, I was supposed to be making my layouts for classes next week. I was sorting 2 SU orders and got sidetracked. It's easy to do. I used the Melissa Frances stickers that Yolanda gave me, a long time ago and I have been hoarding ever since, and Fancy Pants stamps. I love my SU stamps but I could seriously get hooked on acrylic stamps.




After having lunch with Della and Dorian a few weeks ago, Emily has been on this "I need a little brother" kick. We keep telling her she has one, Linus, and she says it's not the same. Well, tonight she was teaching Linus how to use the cash register ( a trait every little brother needs) and she says "All little brothers should be like this...canine." I couldn't agree more.


I found this on someone else's blog and found it amusing...
Rock star name {first pets name & current car}
Sally Windstar

Gangsta name {fave ice cream & cookies}
Green Tea Fudge Puddle

Fly girl name {first initial of first name & first 3 of last}
K-Wil

Detective name {fave colour & animal}
Brown Dog

Soap opera name {middle name & city where born}
Elaine Kelowna

Star wars name {first 3 letters of last name & first 2 of first name} Wilki

Superhero name {2nd fave colour & fave drink}
Green Water

Nascar name {first names of grandfathers}
Colin Harry

Stripper name {name of your favorite perfume, favorite candy}
Light Blue Mini Eggs ( I doubt I'd make much money with that name)

Witness protection name {mother & fathers middle names}
Susan Colin

Consider yourself tagged if you are reading this.





AND in other news...I am going all Matchy Matchy for Christmas this year. That's right, Martha Stewart be damned. I have the stash and never use it (I'm a hoarder) but lately have been thinking, again, what's the point if I never use the stash? And so the matching Christmas presents, tags and gift bags were born. Should have done this as a class...I used the absolutely beautiful and thick SU gift wrap and all kinds of stickers from my never-ending supply. What you don't see is the small pile of presents I have wrapped and hidden, all matchy matchy too. Yay ME!
If and when we get our tree up these presents will steal the show and the first person to rip them open will get their hand smacked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE those cards! And, the gift bags look great - what good ideas you have. I must come over and steal them (ideas, I mean), or get some of your creativity to rub off on me... but I don't want your germs so I would have to think of a way to rub it off of you without actually touching you.

Cheryl said...

Kelli, you are so talented - those cards are BEAUTIFUL! And the packages? Just awesome. I love them!