Monday, December 24, 2007

Good to know...

I went camera shopping today and it's good to know that the camera I bought when it first came out, Canon S2 1S, is still a good camera. The sales guy at London Drugs was knowledgeable and when asked which point and shoot was the best bang for the buck, he said the S5 IS, which is a much newer model but pretty much the same camera as mine. The only down sides, plural, are that the lens cap still pops off easily and the sheer size of the camera, it's one of the largest point and shoots out there, you can't pop it in your pocket. And it's grey and silver, I would like it in the new black.
I told my parents that even though they have a beautiful new camera they can't expect to take beautiful pictures. They need to read the manual, get to know the settings, etc. and that it's not the camera's fault if the pictures are crappy.
They offered to buy mine off of me so that I could get an SLR but I'm really happy with my camera and I don't think I'm ready for the bulkiness and cost of an SLR, I know I'm not. When offered a choice between diamonds and an SLR, I took the diamonds.
I'm very excited for my parents, now that my mom has started scrapbooking, she needs pictures that she can print off. Now if only she could figure out how to do that.

Happy Christmas Eve!

No comments: