Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Boxing Day!

I hope everyone had a Christmas day filled with fun, friends, family and food. We have had exactly that...probably more food than anything and we aren't done yet. Like most major events in our family, Christmas is no exception and gets dragged out over many days!

We all received our fair share, and then some, of presents this year. I was very spoiled in the scrapbooking supply and gift certificate department, thanks to Tara, Sylvia, Emily and my Grandpa. And I will not have to wash socks for weeks at a time because I now have a huge surplus of socks.

The Christmas Morning Wife Saver was well received again this year, and the hashbrowns would have been if we had remembered to cook them. Mom brought over her spiral ham from Costco and it was delicious.

Emily is enjoying her Copic markers and is drawing up a larger storm than usual. Shaun has managed to look up twice from his iPod to eat more chocolate. He started his new job at Tim Horton's today, which should be interesting. Who starts a new guy on Boxing Day? He hasn't been trained yet so I'm sure he'll be a bit grumpy when he gets home, good thing we have an open house to go to! We've already laid down the law...no left-over doughnuts are to come home with him.

And if you want to have a good laugh at Christmas or any family function, buy a few nail buffers from Sally Beauty Supplies. All my aunts, cousins and one cousin's boyfriend now have beautifully buffed nails. Cheap entertainment...oh, and don't forget the Starfrit Silicone Oven Mitts, they make great puppets for the inebriated or easily amused.


My #1 cousin Amanda.

My cousin Kelsey.

My Aunt June.

My cousin Naomi.

June with her mitts we gave her.

June's husband, Uncle Roy and my Aunt Heather. I think he was saying "Give me your coffee and I won't hit you!"

Kerry and his one man puppet show. It was so boring, even he started to fall asleep. I'm getting him some brown contacts because every picture I take of him has major red-eye.

And last but not least...Emily.


Someone once made a comment about my family looking like a bunch of Asian tourists lined up with their cameras out snapping pictures of everything. And Kerry mentioned that it's in my blood. He had to explain it to me because it's a normal thing for me, but not for his family. Anyway, this really rang true at Grandpa's when Kelsey unveiled her most beautiful Jello 'cake'. Everyone was lined up in the kitchen, not for dessert but to take pictures of the dessert. Not only did it look good, it tasted good too.



Is a person supposed to get a release form from the people in the pictures? Or is it okay to post them because I took them, there for they are mine?

No comments: