Monday, January 28, 2008

Colourblindness, Mini Eggs, Freezing Temperatures, and Bad Eyesight.

After much procrastinating and discussion, Kerry and I finally started to start to get the house ready for our hardwood flooring installation. We had the whole "if money was no object" conversation, went something like this...
Me: I'd take out that wall and made the kitchen larger, and get a stackable washer and dryer and maybe put an island in.
Him: I'd buy a sports car.
Me: Then I'd make a deck on the front of the house and push the front door out and make a vestibule.
Him: I'd buy a sports car.

Okay, so he didn't really say that, he didn't really say anything. Just kind of nodded. What we are doing is removing the walls around our 'hutch recces' in the dining room. We will have to re-paint, and re-do the ceiling. I know it's not going to be pretty, we have zero space in which to move our stuff and I caught Linus trying to remove a part of the wall this morning.
Here are some pictures of what might be the beginning of the end...
The beautiful Gable Green wall is what we found behind the cupboard. This is the original colour of the interior of the house, we believe the trim was yellow. The outside of the house was mint icecream green. The carpet, some shades of orange. Some one's eyes needed to be checked.

This is where I think it's my eyes that need checking. I was taking down all the wall decorations and out of the corner of my eye saw a snowman ornament and reached up to get it, it's a hole in the wall, the one I had just watched Kerry make. We had a good laugh, I took a picture.

Micro Mini Eggs thanks to Tara. I {HEART} Mini Eggs. The Cadbury ones. And these mini mini ones were so darn pretty. I just had a look at the picture,it's ink on my fingers, really, and those are my own nails, I don't use my hands for anything so I can grow my nails abnormally long in short periods of time. Which is another way to say I avoid hard labour and drink milk.


My new things from the weekend...
Great Pizza/Deep's Pakora Palace and Sweet Shop is a weird name for a restaurant, but it has terrific food.
Linus may look exactly like his siblings, but he's still the best looking in the bunch.
Sally's drugs are making her happy.
Chili powder and Cayenne pepper might not be the same thing.
And the worst one...Emily came in second for the Canspell contest at school. If I had known that the spelling words we were halfa$$edly practicing were the real deal, we would have been trying harder. I thought it was a mock spelling bee. I'm a baaaaaad mom. We did learn some new words, okay, I did, and we did have a few good laughs doing the whole spelling bee thing where I say the word, think really hard for a sentance to use the word in which usually ended up being "I don't know what _______ means." And then she would say "Origin Please" and I'd say "latin" and then she'd say "Meaning of the word", to which I would probably say "Ask your dad."

And right now, PS7 is good for things like this...

That's right, -12 degrees on our deck(-24 with the wind chill). It's 13 degrees in Disneyland, in case you were wondering. And if my math is right, that's 25 degrees warmer than here.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

HAHAHA!!! LOVE your comment on the thermometer! LOVE all your shots...the snowman made me gigle right with you...and the colors...hmmm...I kind of liked them! Bright and bold for sure! hehehe. OK...you are having so much fun I can see that...and I sooOOOooo love those eggs too! xoxo
Love ya,
K