Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Things Galore

I finally have some insight as to why my SU parcel is late. I called SU and UPS and was told...
are you sitting down?
That it's on it's way to me. That's what the UPS recorded message says. On it's way. Duh.
Really, the story has a happy ending. I think. Here's the delivery gossip for Kelowna and area...
My parcel is in a shipping container that has been overlooked because of The Great Switch from Independent Courier To UPS. Kelowna is right this very moment getting a UPS center, with brown trucks and men in brown, but in the meantime my parcel and probably many others are sitting at the independent courier company NOT being transferred to UPS. Yay for Brown, Yay for Kelowna, Boo for me.(this is #1 new thing today)

While at puppy school, Linus refuses to sit. I can relate, it's cold, hard packed dirt. He will lay down, he will stand, he will do whatever he can to avoid sitting. We are in our 6th week of 8, in our second level, so that's 14 weeks of not sitting. He sits at home. Today, I'm fed up, at the end of the class I yell out "Why won't my dog sit?" The instructor says "I've noticed and have been giving it some thought. How did he lose his tail? Was it an accident?" I tell her he was born that way. To which she replies "He has no vertebrae like the other dogs and it is quite possible it's uncomfortable for him to sit." To which I must blink and blink to avoid crying. I have been yanking on this poor pup's halti for an hour to get him to sit, an hour a week for 14 weeks. I'm a bad puppy mama. She says he still has to learn to sit. I realized when I got home that 1. Linus had a bunch of Cling-Ons on his ass and 2. he does sit at home, on the carpet and on the grass, but not on the cement or the lino. He'll need a cushy pillow for his tender tush especially since it is minus some hair because as I told Linus the USS Enterprise( that's me with scissors) had to do some Cling-On removal from around Uranus. Sad mama was replaced with disgusted, wondering if those were there earlier, slightly embarrassed mama.

I'm so disturbed about where my parcel is that I can't fully enjoy the other goodies I got this week. I have new SU rub-ons, and SAB stamps to mount. Whoo Hoo, they are die cut stamps!!! Faster mounting for faster use. That's sounds obscene but it's true. I don't think I'll see SU or anyone for that matter contacting me to write their company slogans.

Kerry, Emily and I are going to the college restaurant for dinner tonight. We were giving the gang time to get educated before we went. Ha Ha...really, Shaun said it's really slow,there's some wine and dine coming up so we better book our reservations now. I have no idea what to expect, other than every one has said it's good. No idea what kind of menu, the kid is pretty vague, except he did say Emily might starve. I'm going to try to remember to take my camera. Why not, it's my job to embarrass my kids.

And looky here, that's my mama, my mom, scrapbooking. She's doing it once a month and now has a better camera and could use some of her own pictures if only my dad didn't delete them off the camera.


I had an interesting conversation with Emily the other day. We had watched Oprah's Favourite Things show and just this week it dawned on Emily that Oprah was not being rude, she was not saying "Okay, Fat Ass Elves, do your stuff!" She was saying "Okay, Fed EX Elves, do your stuff!"

No comments: