Monday, March 17, 2008

Sew Crafty!



Yup, that's me! I must tell you, I don't sew. I never had to, my mom is a wonderful seamstress and has done all our mending and sewing since before time began. She did give me her old sewing machine, a Janome something or other, it can stich the alphabet, airplanes and aligators if I wanted it to, but it doesn't do a very good straight line. Maybe it's me.
Any who, I decided I needed to make myself a bag for my long lens and today, that's exactly what I did. It took me less than 3 hours from start to finish. I think I did pretty well, considering I made it from scratch, no pattern or picture. All of it, including the little owl is my work. Even the nasty-a-dog-could-do-better stitching!
Did I mention it's lined too? Felt on the outside, cotton on the inside. Is this good for my lens? I don't know, it's too cute for me to care right now.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Very very cute! Now you will have to do some applique (sp?) on your camera bag to match!

bcgal00 Rae said...

This is just too stinkin' cute! I don't think I could do that. I have a super duper Janome but I don't know how to sew and it doesn't seem to want to work by itself :)

Dawn said...

That's cute!!
Even though it's felt :-)

Kimberly said...

ADORABLE! Love your bag for your lens too! xoxo
Loves,
K