Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday's Defining Moment




I run a daycare for dogs. Well, really, it's not a daycare, they are my own dogs so I guess I'm a SAHM to 2 dogs. Of course many of you knew this, I knew it in the darkest, deepest, dustiest corners of my mind. I know it when I'm asked to work 2 shifts, I can't, too many hours that the dogs are alone. Or when we plan trips, we can't all go, the dogs need someone to look after them. But for some reason it hit me today, really hard.


I was playing with my camera, like any other day. But when I took a look at my day, documented in 1/2500 of a second snapshots, I realized that I went from having 2 kids in school full time and some free time to raising the equivalence to another teenager and a 2 year old. I'm sure you can figure out which is which.


Check it out a day in the life of a Stay-At-Home-Fur-Mama.



We play in the pool...



We play with the dumb bell on a rope...




We rest...




We snack, today we had two kinds, grass and strawberries...
We learned that we planted 3 zucchini plants and 2 spaghetti squash instead of the other way around...check out my baby zucchini


And that poppies are pretty and keep the weeds under control...

And then we came inside for some air conditioned nap time.




Yesterday....

In B&W, because no one wants to see the Lil' Tykes car, or the car washing bucket and sponge. Seriously, who has time to move these things when 4 of the most unphotogenic people decide to pose for a photo op?





3 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

I have the same SAH Fur-Mom job...our day is playing, snacks, scratches/cuddles, walks, tossing the ball, taking photos of them, more snacks & more scratches/cuddles...then the day is over and somehow I managed to squeeze in some computer typing for my other job and I'm exhausted!

I love all your photos today...especially the strawberry in the foreground, the family group and closeup of the nose (you know I like doggy nose pics)!

Brenna said...

Great family pic Kelli

Kimberly said...

LOVE all the photographs!!! Especially that last one! AWESOME!
Loves to you and your day! xoxo
K