Sunday, December 14, 2008

Don't hate me because I have a hard time doing nothing.

I'm having a very hard time laying around. My head still hurts, but the drugs are helping. Although I think my hearing is going.
Here it is. Cap'n Crunch French Toast. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, like me. Delicious! Make your French Toast like normal, crunch the cereal up, dip the soggy bread in the cereal, and fry it up. The sugary cereal/egg mixture makes a carmalized crunchy coating. Just think of the possibilities, oh we have, Count Chocula cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch...Then we decorated the tree. Our tree always looks like Santa puked on it, we have ornaments from everywhere. It's eclectic to say the least. Almost every ornament has a reason for being on the tree. Most are the kids, we buy them a new one every year and if they ever move out, they get to take the ornaments with them. Providing I deem them responsible enough. Most of the kids' are Hallmark or Carlton ornaments. There's a lot of wood on the tree too. The kids said there were too many ornaments, I said "move out". Maybe we should get a bigger tree. Oh, we found a new star! Then Emily and I started to make melon bread (melonpan) a Japanese cookie wrapped bread treat. And then someone conveniently fell asleep. So I had to make them by myself. I made them smaller than normal because she's taking them to school. But then I had an excess amount of bread do left.


While the melon bread was rising, I made these things we saw on Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives, gotta stop watching that show. They are like cinnamon rolls only savoury! They are biscuit rolls, with ground beef, cheese and a light spreading of spaghetti sauce all wrapped up into warm yummy, goodness. On the show, they used pesto, sausage and cheese. I didn't feel like going shopping again so we got what was in the fridge.



And then with the left over bread dough I made bannock, or dough gods as Kerry was raised on. We called my dad over to help dispose of them.






3 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Good thing you don't live near me, I'd be there eating all your food (and I'd weigh a million lbs)!

Brenna said...

It all looks so yummy!!!

Tara said...

I tagged you... check it out!