Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The best thing I've ever made...

I think this is the most useful thing I have made yet. It's a purse organizer. I had seen one in the Water Garden a while ago and thought my mom could make that thing. She didn't get it when I tried to explain it to her. So then after I got my sewing machine, I thought I could try it. So that's what I did this morning. I used some crazy assed thick iron-on interfacing stuff I had bought for something else, and it was so thick after I got the thing folded that I bent a needle. Good think I had some denim needles on hand. I used the Amy Butler fabric that I made my purse out of, I am so glad I bought a meter of each. So now when I reach into my bag of tricks, I can find things with ease. As you can see, I have a matching purse, organizer, and coffee cozy. This was one of my first cozies and I used Velcro. The good thing is that it can fight all kinds of cups, the bad thing, it's Velcro and Golden Retriever fur sticks to it. But I can still use it on my snazzy favourite drinking apparatus that is filled with un-sweetened tea. Don't even get me started...the barista at my local coffee house forgot to mention that the bottle of sugar-free vanilla syrup was empty. (That would be Kerry, he makes my morning coffee and puts it in the fridge so that it's cold for me when I wake up, he's really sweet, but kind of forgetful.)

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh my word Kelli....I am going to make a trip down to Kelowna with my sewing maching to spend the day with you!! (After I have gone to the fabric store there that sells Amy Butler material!)

So super jealous!

bcgal00 Rae said...

OMG...is there no stopping u LOL You should be selling this stuff on etsy. I luv the purse organizer thing...great idea!

Cheryl said...

I'm envious of your sewing skills. When does the etsy shop open?