Saturday, January 17, 2009

My childhood days came rushing back yesterday

It was terrible. I had to get my scrapspace cleaned up for a class last night and Kerry just happened to be in the line of sight of the chaos. And then he said it..."I think someone needs to spend some time tomorrow cleaning their room." Ugh...just like being 12 years old again.

So I did just that today. I tidied a few things up, I got rid of more things, I am donating a huge pile of stuff to E's school for Cardmaking and Scrapbooking Club. Maybe they will ask me to be guest speaker! Bwhahahaha...ha!

Things I found...a pile of photos...a pile of cards I love and never sent out...some 12x12 page protectors, identical to the ones I just bought...an unopened pack of Heidi Swapp ghost snowflakes...brand new Melissa Frances mini albums in an assortment of shapes piled under a bunch of other stuff I had forgotten about...

I made a huge dent in the mess, but it's still not finished. I have this terrible printing habit, I print of pages and pages of things, photos, tutorials, etc. and never know where to put them afterwards. I also collect books and magazines, and have no room for those...My scrapspace is the second largest room in the house, I must do a better job of organizing, I doubt Kerry will let me have the living room if I outgrow this room!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Amen sister.....but we like it that way!!! I love being totally surrounded by my pretty scrapbook things.....on my recent cleaning job of the scraproom....I found the Christmas present I made for my hubby and put in my scraproom because he never goes in there.....needless to say.....he got it late!!!

Bonnzlw said...

Can I just post your post as my post on my blog? It sounds like the exact same situation I have here and the same types of comments I get from my family. Bonnie

Unknown said...

I've been working on mine all day too, and still not done. I also print a LOT and have a binder for the different types of tutorials; or a file in a filing cabinet. My DH doesn't say I need to clean, he hints that maybe someone needs to get rid of some stuff - what does he know!

Cheryl said...

Good for you! I always love doing that, but it's always hard to start.