Tuesday, January 06, 2009

So Cozy!

I had seen these a few weeks back, and then Yolanda sent me a picture of one she had made and that prompted me to finally try my hand at making coffee cozies.
I had a few patterns I found on-line, but I figured I should get the real deal so that there was no room for error. After dropping Emily off at school, I headed over to Starbucks and got myself a Grande London Fog Latte, with a sleeve to use as a pattern. I also stopped at Fabricland for some heat resistant batting.
Two trial cozies later, I have perfected the pattern and have 4 most beautiful coffee cozies. One in Manly Brown (on the cup) for Shawn with a W, one Green to match Tara's purse and apron because every girl needs a matching apron, purse and coffee cozy set. My cosy matches the purse I made weeks ago, but didn't blog about because I was was making Christmas gifts out of purses. Why so many cozies on this day? Because it's freakin' snowing, still. We shovelled over 6 inches already and then Mother Freakin' Nature decided to play a cruel joke and stop the snow for about 30 minutes before starting it up full blast again. The snow banks on the sides of our driveway are about 4 feet tall. Sally can't poop comfortably because the snow is more that dog waste, I mean waist-high. It's so bad that Kerry had to leave work in his truck to pick Emily up from school because he and I didn't want me driving.
Here is the forecast...It's a lie.
Today : Snow at times heavy. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind south 20 km/h. High plus 1. Night: Periods of snow changing to a few rain showers this evening. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Snow level rising to 1400 metres this evening. Wind south 20 km/h. Temperature rising to plus 5 by morning.

It should read...15 to 30 centimeters of snow, if you're lucky, maybe more, who really knows, but lets placate you and cover all the bases, there might be some wind, some rain, maybe more snow, but it will get better. Tomorrow it will start to melt, be happy the snow will be gone soon and you can start focusing on the flooding mess in your yards and basements!

Now I'm off to make one of those fleece Snuggie Robes as seen on TV. Just kidding, I think I can just wear my housecoat backwards. I'm sure that's where superheros capes came from...one day, a long long time ago, a mom was running around in her apron, doing laundry, dishes, feeding kids, and she was all flustered. At some point her apron rode up, probably because she doesn't have a waistline anymore, and the apron ended up around her neck. The doorbell rang and she pushed the apron out of her way to look presentable, but it ended up hanging down her back. Whoever was at the door got an eye full, a dishevelled mom, working wonders in her home wearing of all things a cape to make her go faster. And that's where superhero capes came from.

And you wondered if I spent my WHOLE day making coffee cozies!

3 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

That is just too hilarious! My cape is in the closet. It got chewed up by the dogs.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelli, my coffee cozy is looking sweet. Thanks again drinking coffee will never be the same again.

Sabine said...

You are THE funniest ever LOL! Everytime I come and have to LOL - seriously, you crack me up girl.
Love how creative you are - the cozies - sooo cute :)