Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mr. Roboto and Friend

Normally, I stick to buying Stampin' Up stamps, it makes better business sense to me. But once in awhile I find a set that speaks to me, like the boy's set from Sandylion and this background from Cornish Heritage Farms, it's huge!
I made this one, sorry it's blurry, just regular old stamping with black ink on patterned paper, gator and robot are coloured with Copics, stamped with Memento ink. Paper is Stampin' Up. Rub-ons are American Crafts.

This one is the oposite of the first, I stamped with Versamark, embossed with clear, inked all over with black ink and a sponge. Then I placed my paper between folded newsprint and ironed the embossing powder away. The embossing powder acts as a resist.
Here's where you can see the difference. And my little boo boo that I didn't see until I did the pictures, just under the Later arrow is another Later but it was too hard to see on the background hence the arrow to cover it up, but obviously it was so hard to see I didn't cover it all up. I fixed it now.
Have a great April Fool's Day!

3 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Great cards...that background stamps rocks! I especially love the gator card.

Shannon said...

Lovin' those cards... I keep checking out that Cornish Heritage site, but have yet to take the plunge, lol.

Brenna said...

Those are so cute..great job as always