Saturday, August 21, 2010

Planning

I'm blogging from the laptop, so no pictures today.

We hauled out our ancient Washington/Oregon map and the new supersized California map that Amy sent us and our Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives cookbooks. We made lists of what we wanted to see on the drive to Disneyland. The sights we agreed on...
1. food
2. dunes along Oregon's coast
3. Redwoods
4. food
5. good deals
6. a cheap clean hotel

And the ones we weren't sure about...
Hearst Castle (sounds creepy to me)
Karen Russell's house (sounds stalkerish to both of us)

We've picked a couple restaurants, and good thing they have websites, and good thing we checked them out because not all restaurants are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nor are they all open all week. It would have been a trip similar to our trip to Calgary via Kimberly. We had to eat Chinese food in the German capital of B.C. Big let down and the lighting was so bad, we kept taking the same icky curry dish from the smorg.

We went downtown to Roy's shoe store and picked up 4 pairs of Keen shoes for 5o% off. Can't beat that! Kerry got the mountain biking Keen's he was waiting to buy in the States. I got some cute flip flops {gasp} and some suede walking shoes, with all this walking Karla and I have been doing, I needed new shoes. They are also going to be great in Disneyland, I'll have them broken in by then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are planning on driving up the CA coast to San Francisco on our honeymoon, if you save that part of your trip til after the wedding, we could do it together!! And we were going to stop at Hearst Castle because it is supposed to be really neat, but I don't know what Karen Russells house is!! I am glad I sent that map!!

bcgal00 Rae said...

Sounds like fun.I would definitely go to KR's place :)