Saturday, October 16, 2010

The little things

It just dawned on me that even though the book says "Don't sweat the small stuff" it's the small stuff that makes up the big stuff. Well, that's nothing new, but it's the small things I caught Kerry saying in between the big things that dawned on me.
Lots of our conversations as of late begin with "On our trip", "In California", "While in Disneyland", "Did you know there's a racetrack east of where were going."
And so when we were discussing fight night next Saturday and Kerry said "I'm not going" and I was like "Whaaa?" and he said "Well, I can't stay up till 11 and then get up at 4:30 to drive." And I was caught up on the fact that in years Kerry has never missed a UFC fight that I didn't catch the "up at 4:30" bit.
Kerry wakes up at that time on a regular basis. He got up at 6 this morning, that's sleeping late for him. He says he's working on his sleep schedule so that he's not up hours before me and Emily in California. Me, I don't even know that there aren't really zombies and vampires roaming the street still at 4:30. I believe it's still dark at that time, I can't remember the last time I was up that early.  I read that midnight isn't the 'witching hour' any more because too many people stay up later than they used to.(don't ask what I read)  So, it's a little thing, but I'm pretty sure I won't be driving first thing Sunday morning. I'll be holding the bat and camera, you never know what's out there at 4:30.

No comments: