Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Macro Fun

I picked up this almost useless macro reversing ring. It is no substitute for a macro lens. None at all. But it's a fun little toy to play with. I'm using it with my 50mm f/1.4 lens. As the name says, it reverses your lens. It needs lots of light and a steady hand. A tripod won't help as you have to constantly move back and forth to find the perfect focus. There's only a sliver of image in focus, it's shooting at f/1.4. Apparently, Nikon will stay at the f-stop you set the lens at before you shut the camera off, but Canon won't. Boo. So here are some things around the house.
An ornament.
 An Angry Beaver eye.
 Vinylmation Mickey's head
 Baby penguin that Heather gave me for Christmas
 Blackberry keyboard, I think I see germs.
 Orville Redenbacher's Lime and Salt popcorn, yum.
 Emily's eye. Not the worst but could be better, practice, practice, practice.
 Microphone
 Valentine's candy
 For you!

1 comment:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Yep, macro is addicting!