Monday, April 04, 2011

Slow Down

I can't believe it's already April! 8 months till Christmas. Less than 4 months till the retreat! I just made the final payment. Such guilt with the clicking of "Pay Now".  I know it will be worth it. But...

Anyways, the taxes aren't finished, I thought they were close to being submitted, I was wrong. 

And now some good stuff, the whole post won't be a pity party.
Kerry sold his bike! Yay! I'm so glad. Paying insurance on something you don't use was bugging me. Kerry has his moment of sadness and then got over it. The bike went to a decent home, the guy had a nice Volkswagen, so he must be decent. 
We went out for April's 30th birthday, she's just a baby. And we had a blast. Such great, funny people. 
I made green velvet cupcakes, with cocomint buttercream icing, and Andes mint chips on them. Michelle brought the chips back from the US and we were just eating them but I thought I'd put them to good use. These are the prettiest cupcakes I've ever iced! EVER. 
 So the prettiest one deserved the honour of being David's birthday cupcake. David's in California. I ate the cupcake. And then I ate spinach. And then later, I was shocked at the vivid colour of my ... oh, never mind, too much info. Let's just say green food colour holds it's colour well.
April is the month of birthdays for us. There are at least 10 people we know that were born in April. It's crazy. Emily is already planning her party for the end of the month. She wants a Professor Layton party. She's got all kinds of ideas, we'll see how much gets done in a month. They include tea party, costumes, murder mystery, top hats, puzzles and a big cake. All I know is it means work for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm.... those cupcakes look great!