Thursday, April 14, 2011

Vintage Camera Coolness

Or "How the internet made me feel better about an impulse buy!"  Yay internet! Yay me!
I have to admit, I subscribe to I Heart Faces and hardly ever read the post. But this time, I was intrigued by today's post. So much so that I grabbed my vintage Duaflex and an empty box of Chef Boyardee and ran outside. 
It's not nearly as dirty as the one in their samples, but it adds a different feel to the photos. This is the bottom of my forsythia bush. Why? Because the camera was on the ground. 
 I thought a black and white conversion might be neat too.
 And then the dummy had to come and get in the action. After he tried to eat the cardboard box. There's a bit of sun flare in the top right, but that plastic from the pool is unsightly.
 Black and white makes almost everything better.

Definitely better, but he's over exaggerating the "Look up, look way up, and I'll call Rusty" pose. I think only Canadians will get the reference. And only ones that grew up watching tv in the 70's. 
 Then the sweet, short one wanted to get in on the fun. I love it!
Incase you are wondering, these are taken with my DSLR, and I am shooting through the viewfinder of the vintage camera that I thought would just be a dust collector, the good old Kodak Duaflex II. Who knew it would be useful.
I made this yesterday. Emily is having a themed birthday party at the end of the month and I'm starting on the decorations. 



No comments: