Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pinterest Inspired

 I limit my time I spend on Pinterest, it's a huge time waster. But it's also a great place to get inspiration. April had said she saw some neat masking tape/paint canvases. When I searched this morning, I found something like this, and so I decided to try it out and hang this in the new improved basement. I'm bothered by the fact I only have 2, I'd like 3 but I used what I had. It was super easy. Since I no longer do decorative painting, I am limited in paint colour selection, so I have been having to mix my own colours. I won't be able to make a third canvas exactly the same, so I won't even try.
 Heather pinned something similar to this and I loved it so much that before I left for work yesterday, I had to get the letters glued down so that they would be ready for painting when I got home. I loved that I used up 29 pieces of chipboard that were taking up prime real estate in my craft room.
Cheryl posted a print she had made with a quote from the Nightmare Before Christmas and I'd been wanting to do something like this for a while so it inspired me! I did this while watching Tucker screw over his own mother on the Young and the Restless.
Now to stock up on canvases because in less than 24 hours, I managed to deplete our stock pile significantly and the wrath of Emily is similar to the wrath of Kahn, only worse because I have to live with her.
Also, I have been published in September and October issues of Cricut magazine. I couldn't even remember what I'd sent in for October until I checked the copy at Chapters. Linus and Sally made their debut and so did the photoshoot of Amanda and Roxy! Very exciting!

2 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Cool Halloween canvas! Congrats on your publications.

Kelli said...

Oh, i figured out that I was missing an O in "this is Halloween". Duh. I fixed it up.