Monday, August 26, 2013

National Dog Day?

I've been misled.  All these years of dog ownership, and I thought every day was National Dog Day.  I mean, really, a whole day for dogs? Do we have to pet them more, feed them better kibble, throw the frisbee 2 more times, let them sleep in our beds, and let them drop extra dog hair on National Dog Day? It's not possible! 
Okay, I'm just kidding, I really do think these dogs deserve a whole month. Maybe a whole year!
Really, we should celebrate the most photographed animal in history. 
The very loyal dog. The one that will sit for endless photos waiting patiently to receive the great dog treat, the cherry tomato!
 We should celebrate the ones who make us laugh with their stupid antics.
 The ones that don't care if we look stupid or say stupid things, or wear socks with sandals.
 "What? Socks with sandals?" Oh, I guess they do care.
  "I said stay!" We should honour the dog that takes commands, because he's a people pleaser.
 The dog that always brings back the stick, maybe not necessarily to me.
 We should celebrate dogs, they take the blame for farts and never let on that it wasn't them.
 They listen to us and don't judge.
And sometimes they look like they are laughing at our stupid jokes. 

Happy National Dog Day! 
I better get my dog bone shaped pizza started, and fill the dog pool for the dog party later.


This is a sad picture. 
Even though I look "happy", I didn't know this sandwich would be my last real bread sandwich for a while. The doctor wants me to go gluten free for a month to see if it helps with all my stomach trouble. He says that while my tests came back negative for celiac's disease, he's had that happen before, and he can't rule it out, something about antibodies. Oh, joy of joys. I've survived 4 days, and I have to honestly say, it's okay. I'm not going to die. And I do feel better. Clearer headed. Not as bloated. And it's not as much work as I thought it would be. It's actually easier than trying to be dairy free. But there's a pill for that!

3 comments:

amelia said...

GO KELLI! and I love linus...

kilipohi said...

Great shots Kelli!
I will eat all your bread for you...

Anonymous said...

love the pics! I hope you continue to feel better!