Sunday, September 22, 2013

Project Life - One Whole Week

Did I already blog about this?
 I looked back and couldn't find anything about it, so forgive me if I am blogging about it twice. 

When we went to the good ol' US of A, we found many yummy snacks that we had to stop and buy, and then we went to Michaels and found the best invention for scrapbookers since the corner rounder! Project Life! I may have told you I tried to do this Project Life thing two times without a kit because it was so expensive to order it on-line. So I tried to make my own for 2 years, then 2013 came and I said I wasn't doing it again. So I put my unfinished 2011 and 2012 albums aside and tried not to feel guilty about them.

So back to our trip to Oregon and beyond...I made Kerry stop at almost every Michaels between here and there, and as luck would have it, one of them had the Project Life stuff! And some of it was on Clearance! We didn't even have it in Canada yet! I bought boxes of page protectors, a Honey kit, and the Holidays kit. And then I put it in a box with other scrapping stuff because I seriously thought I'd scrapbook my way to Oregon and back. Who was I kidding?

But when I got home, I decided that this was how I was documenting my whole trip. I mean "Our Trip". I printed over 500 photos, from our week long trip, including the iphone photos, and the instagrams.
I could not believe how fast this went together. With everything coordinating, it was so easy. I only used the Honey kit and the page protectors I bought, adding a few that I had in my stash.  The Honey kit was so perfect for Karen's Hometown Workshop, it even had "snapshot" cards in her colours, and lots of cards with cameras! I added a few Thickers, but other than that, I chose to keep it simple.
And I journaled, which I have a hard time doing. There's so much going on in my head, and I'm not always sure I want to put it on paper. Add to that my extremely messy handwriting, and you get the picture.

 OMGosh, isn't Karen just the cutest thing ever?
We were so fortunate to have all the pictures we took and the zillion favourites of everyone else to take home.

This is towards the back, where I put all the iphone, and instagram photos, I didn't round the corners, I got a little lazy back here, but I did journal, I took this one before I did it.

I'm pretty sure this is the only album I have fully finished in all my years of scrapbooking! Thanks to Becky Higgins, Project Life, and Karen Russell!  Also, a big thanks to Cathy for making me see how easy Project Life could be!

Our Michaels now has Project Life products, as does Clipper Street in Langley. I managed to add another kit, Midnight, and a few extras I found on sale and using my coupons! I'm totally addicted now!




No comments: