Tuesday, October 07, 2014

The hardest thing about blogging is coming up with a title.


I have been colouring up a storm this last week. Colouring has never been something I have been good at. I don't have the patience. I squeeze the pen to hard. Being a lefty usually means a lot of smudging too. But since taking the Copic Markers for Card Makers class, I have found that with a little patience and a lot of Copic markers, I can colour better than a 5 year old! 
I made the following 2 cards before the class, when I had no idea what I was doing.


Now  I have some knowledge! And we all know knowledge is power! I get it! The whole blending thing was explained and I can know when to keep going and when to stop!

We celebrate quite a few birthdays in October around here, starting with these too! I think $3 was won on the scratch tickets. Sadly no one has won big with the tickets Grandma buys.
I don't advertise my self, and I know it's something I need to work on. But when Courtney asked if I'd  do a couples shoot for her, I jumped at the chance, knowing she's very photogenic. How could I go wrong?  They were the most adorable, cooperative subjects I've had in awhile! 
I used my CTMH Artfullly Sent Cricut cartridge to cut the photo sleeve for the thank you card. I love those cartridges and have been using them for everything! 
I'm off to make the most of my last day of 5 off. Must order an ice cream cake, take my photos back to Costco, buy Omega 3 fatty oils because they are supposed to help with my memory, and some other things that I can't remember, but will remember after I get home and find I didn't do them.

No comments: